Foren
Foren > International Board > International Board
Victor Celebrity Label
Moderatoren:SchellackFreak, berauscht, GrammophonTeam, Charleston1966, DGAG, Der_Designer, LoopingLoui
Autor Eintrag
Gabriel
Do Dez 31 2015, 08:42 Druck Ansicht
⇒ Mitglied seit ⇐: Mo Dez 28 2015, 14:58
For upcoming publication of a book titled "Sound Industry in Czech Lands 1900-1946" I look for a picture of the Victor label with a speech given in 1928 by the founder and first president of Czechoslovakia T. G. Masaryk - a spectacular orange-colored label with a photo of Masaryk flanked by colored flags on the top.
Also, I look for a picture of US Brunswick label with any recording of the New York Quartet - its all members were of the Czech origin. Can anybody help? Thanks!
Gabriel
Starkton
Do Dez 31 2015, 16:43
⇒ Mitglied seit ⇐: Mi Okt 05 2011, 21:47
Hallo Gabriel,

nice to have you among us. I sincerely wish that you will find what you want and I am looking forward to the announced publication. I have and enjoy a number of opera and lieder discs with Czech singers like Karel Burian, Ema Destinnová, Otakar Mařák, Leo Slezak and, last but not least, Gustav Walter.

Kind regards
Stephan
Gabriel
Do Dez 31 2015, 17:50
⇒ Mitglied seit ⇐: Mo Dez 28 2015, 14:58
Hallo Stephan,

thanks for kind words.The book should be published this year already.
I would not rank Slezak and Walter among Czech singers, though they were born in Bohemia - their talents were much brighter to stay there...

Best regards
Gabriel Gössel
Konezni
Do Dez 31 2015, 21:59
⇒ Mitglied seit ⇐: Do Aug 20 2015, 18:23
Hallo Gabriel,

perhaps this Ultraphon album for nationalist politician Karel Kramář's 70th birthday (1930) may be interesting as well...

Best,
Raoul

Konezni
So Jan 03 2016, 23:20
⇒ Mitglied seit ⇐: Do Aug 20 2015, 18:23
Sorry, Kramář's speech was recorded in 1930, but the album dates from 1938. Matrix 42047 is a dubbing.

Forum:     Nach oben

Über Uns

Wir sind mehr als ein Forum! Als eingetragener Verein arbeiten wir an der Beständigkeit unserer Leidenschaft.

Über uns

Wir suchen Dich!

Du schreibst Artikel, möchtest im Forum als Moderator aktiv werden? Dir liegt Social Media. Bewahre Wissen! Wir warten auf dich.

Schreib uns

Tipps

Einsteiger-Ratschläge für optimale Nutzung und wichtige Aspekte beim Grammophon und Schellackplatten-Kauf.

Zu den Informationen