Foren
Foren > Grammophone > Diskussionskreis Grammophonmodelle > Trichtergeräte
German HMV model identification needed
Moderatoren:SchellackFreak, berauscht, GrammophonTeam, Charleston1966, DGAG, Der_Designer, LoopingLoui
Autor Eintrag
nostalgia
Di Sep 24 2019, 12:11 Druck Ansicht
⇒ Mitglied seit ⇐: Mi Sep 11 2019, 14:20
Hello:) Can someone help me identify this German HMV model. It is not a UK made model made for the UK/European (export) market, so is it a tabletop that possibly also dont have a HMV motor and in reality is not a HMV at all? Under the Nipper logo one can read: "Der Stimme des Herrn". Sorry for the blurry photos, it is what I have received from a seller.
In advance, thank you.

Dr.Pepper
Di Sep 24 2019, 21:33
⇒ Mitglied seit ⇐: Di Sep 24 2019, 19:27
Hello,
I'm very new here and by far no expert. The only thing I can tell you is, that the german phrase "Die Stimme seines Herrn" is the exact translation of " His Master's Voice".
After WWI the british Gramophone Compony wasn't allowed to use their name in Germany. That's why they foundet in 1925 the german ELECTROLA company in Nowawes and Berlin. The built gramophones are exactly the same, but different names.
DGAG
Di Sep 24 2019, 22:18

⇒ Mitglied seit ⇐: So Dez 31 2017, 12:30
Unfortunately you can't see much on the images, but I would date this gramophone to late 1914. It was obviously the successor of the D.G.A.G. Gramola No. 73 (TCM) from 1913. Unfortunately I don't know the respective Gramola number because I don't have a DGAG catalogue from 1914. Its designation in England was Model 8 (TCAM), I guess.
nostalgia
Mi Sep 25 2019, 08:54
⇒ Mitglied seit ⇐: Mi Sep 11 2019, 14:20
Thank you for all inputs. This is interesting reading for sure, and is appreciated much.
Fehlmann1960
Mi Sep 25 2019, 09:46
⇒ Mitglied seit ⇐: Do Dez 19 2013, 15:39
For the term an advertisement 1911.

Forum:     Nach oben

Über Uns

Wir sind mehr als ein Forum! Als eingetragener Verein arbeiten wir an der Beständigkeit unserer Leidenschaft.

Über uns

Wir suchen Dich!

Du schreibst Artikel, möchtest im Forum als Moderator aktiv werden? Dir liegt Social Media. Bewahre Wissen! Wir warten auf dich.

Schreib uns

Tipps

Einsteiger-Ratschläge für optimale Nutzung und wichtige Aspekte beim Grammophon und Schellackplatten-Kauf.

Zu den Informationen