Foren
Foren > Grammophone > Diskussionskreis Grammophonmodelle > Koffergeräte und Spielzeuggrammophon
Rare Triumphon portable gramophone
Moderatoren:SchellackFreak, berauscht, GrammophonTeam, Charleston1966, DGAG, Der_Designer, LoopingLoui
Autor Eintrag
nostalgia
Do Jun 04 2020, 22:42 Druck Ansicht
⇒ Mitglied seit ⇐: Mi Sep 11 2019, 14:20
I have not posted here in a while, but would like to show you this wooden Triumphon portable gramophone. I have until now not been able to find a similar model when looking online, so I thought it could be of general interest to show photos of this all wooden model. I will presume it is very early portable gramophone, taking into consideration that the horn also is made of wood. The Limonia soundbox must have been added at a later date. If someone know something more about the model, it would of course be very interesting. Thank you.

DGAG
Fr Jun 05 2020, 17:08

⇒ Mitglied seit ⇐: So Dez 31 2017, 12:30
I'd also say it's a relatively early machine. I like it. We already had some Triumphon portables in our forum, but none of this kind yet. Probably an imitation leather was attached to the outside, which was in bad condition and was removed. I find the compartment with sliding lid particularly rustic and unusual.
nostalgia
Sa Jun 06 2020, 09:37
⇒ Mitglied seit ⇐: Mi Sep 11 2019, 14:20
I am myself not too sure the portable ever had an imitation leather cover, since there are no signs of this anywhere on the portable, also around the carrying handle that looks untouched. But I could of course be wrong! The gramophone itself is square, not rectangular like later portables. Somehow it reminds me a bit about the early HMV PAO/PBO portables that also were all wood.Yes, the sliding lid panels are very rustic and unusual. The gramophone needs a good cleaning and work on the finish though, it has stayed untouched since I bought it a year ago. It deserves some attention, and cleaning it and and adding wax will make it shine more.
I will share photos of a few more of my German gramophones here soon, models that I have not found elsewhere on the forum. I feel it could be of general interest for forum members to see them.

[ Bearbeitet Sa Jun 06 2020, 09:42 ]

Forum:     Nach oben

Über Uns

Wir sind mehr als ein Forum! Als eingetragener Verein arbeiten wir an der Beständigkeit unserer Leidenschaft.

Über uns

Wir suchen Dich!

Du schreibst Artikel, möchtest im Forum als Moderator aktiv werden? Dir liegt Social Media. Bewahre Wissen! Wir warten auf dich.

Schreib uns

Tipps

Einsteiger-Ratschläge für optimale Nutzung und wichtige Aspekte beim Grammophon und Schellackplatten-Kauf.

Zu den Informationen